Before you start
Who can use this feature
Anyone with a Figma account can create and update a personal Community profile.
You will need to choose a profile handle and create a profile before you can like or follow resources in the Figma Community. You do not need a profile to duplicate files or install plugins.
Community profiles showcase your contributions to the Figma Community. They allow other members of the community to see any plugins you develop, or files you publish.
Your profile will include files or plugins you personally publish, as well as any files you're listed as a creator on.
Note: Your Community profile can only be associated with one Figma account (and email address). If you have both personal and work Figma account, we recommend picking one to create your profile from.
If you are part of an organization, your Community profile will be tied to your company email. Any files or plugins you create and share from that profile will belong to the organization. If you want to publish to a profile that you have complete control and ownership over, we recommend publishing from a personal account that isn't linked to your company email.
If you're a team admin or organization admin, you may be able to publish to more than one profile. Learn who can publish files and plugins →
Register a profile handle
Every Community profile has a unique profile handle. Figma uses this profile handle to identify you in the Community. Your profile handle also makes up your profile URL:
You will need to choose a profile handle to publish files and plugins, or like and follow other creators resources. You do not need a profile to duplicate files or install plugins.
Register or update your profile handle in your account settings.
- In the file browser, click on your name and select the Settings tab.
- Under Profile Handle, click Set profile handle.
- Enter your desired handle in the field provided. You can use up to 15 alphanumeric characters, including underscores
- Figma will check to see if the handle is still available. If it is not, Figma will ask you to pick another handle.
- Click Submit to confirm. You can update your profile handle at any time.
Tip! You can also use profile handles to @mention other individuals, teams or organizations in the Figma Community.
View your profile
View your profile from within your Figma account. This lets you preview or make any changes to your profile.
- In the file browser, click on your name in the top-left corner.
- Select the Public tab to preview your profile.
Figma will add any files or plugins you have published to the Community to your profile. You can add some extra information to introduce yourself to the community.
- Profile picture: This can be different than your internal profile picture. Click on your profile picture to upload a new image. Image dimensions must be at least 500 x 500 px.
- Cover artwork: Hover over the cover photo and click the to upload cover artwork.
- Bio: Add a brief description of up to 160 characters.
- Location: Click on the text to add or update your location.
- Website: Click on the text to add or update your website. This can be a link to a personal website