Favorite your most important files and projects to quickly access them from the sidebar of the file browser. Adding or removing favorites in your sidebar won’t change their location in Figma and only you can see which items you’ve favorited.
Favorite a file
Once you’ve favorited a file, you can find it under the Favorite files section in the left sidebar of the file browser.
Favorite a file from the file browser
- Hover over a file and click the star icon.
- Right-click a file, then select Add to your favorites.
- Click and drag a file directly into the Favorite files section.
Favorite a file from the canvas
With a file open, click the dropdown menu down arrow next to the file name in the toolbar, then select Favorite this file.
Organize your favorite files
Click and drag files you’ve favorited to reorder them in the left sidebar.
Remove a file from your favorites
When you hover over a file in the Favorite files section, a star icon will appear. Click the star icon to remove the file from your favorites.
Favorite a project
When you favorite a project, it will appear under its parent team in the left sidebar. There are a few ways to favorite a project:
Favorite a project from the team page
- From the file browser, click the team name in the left sidebar.
- Find the project in your list of projects.
- Hover over the project tile and click the star icon.
Favorite a project from the project page
- Open the project in the file browser.
- Click the star icon in the top-right corner to favorite it.
Tip: To remove a project from your favorites, just repeat the same action and click the star icon a second time.