Before you start
Who can use this feature
Supported on any team or plan.
You can only publish Styles in your drafts.
Anyone can enable libraries for files in their drafts.
Choose which libraries you want to access from files in your drafts.
- On the Starter plan: you can only create and publish styles from your drafts. It's not possible to publish components from drafts.
- On the Professional (inc. Education) or Organization plan: Access style and component libraries from any teams of which you're a member.
Tip! If you're in an organization, you'll get access to any organization-wide libraries in your drafts. You can also choose which other organization libraries you want to access in your drafts.
Manage which libraries are available in your drafts from your account settings. You can choose to make libraries available in Design files, FigJam files, or All files.
- Open your workspace in the file browser.
- Click your name in the top-right corner to open the account menu.
- Select Settings to open the account settings modal.
- Under the Library heading, select Enable Libraries for all files in your Drafts.
- View a list of available libraries in the library modal. In your drafts, you can view and enable:
- Styles from published libraries in your drafts or Starter teams.
- Styles and components from published libraries in any Professional and Education teams.
- Access styles and components from organization-wide libraries.
- Click the library name to view the styles and components in that library.
- Click Off next to the library.
- Choose which files to make the library available in:
- Design files
- FigJam files
- All files
- To remove a library from your files, click next to the current setting and select Off.
Access libraries in files
When you make a library available in a design file, you can:
- Find and apply styles using the style pickers in the right sidebar. Apply styles to layers in Figma design →
- Drag components into the canvas from the Assets panel in the left sidebar. Add components to your designs →
Access components, along with stickers curated by Figma, from the library tool. Use stickers and components from libraries →