Who can use this feature
Supported on Education, Professional, and Figma Organization plans.
Anyone with can edit access to a file can accept updates from a library to apply changes to styles and components in that file.
New to components and libraries? Guide to style and component libraries →
When using styles and components from a shared library, Figma will notify you of any changes made to the main components or styles. This gives you control over what updates to apply and makes sure your designs stay up-to-date.
When updates are made and published a library, Figma will send you a notification in any files that use those styles and components. This includes changes to existing styles and components, as well as any new additions.
Note: Figma won't notify you when components or styles are removed from a library. You can continue using removed styles and instances, but you won't receive any further updates.
Review any updates to choose which changes you want to apply. You can choose to accept all changes or only specific changes.
- Click Review from the notification or select the Library icon in the Assets panel.
- In the Library modal, select the Updates tab .
- Figma displays a list of updated styles and components with any changes with a description of any changes (if included),
- Click Update next to an individual item to accept that specific change.
- Click the Update all button in the bottom-right corner of the modal to accept all the changes. Figma will apply them to all styles and components in your current file.
If you're in flow state when you get the notification, you can dismiss the notification and continue to use instances in their current state. Your instances will be out of date but will still be connected to the main component
When you're ready, you can review and accept any changes in the library modal. The notification badge will remain there until you have reviewed or accepted the changes. Figma will also prompt you to update your styles and component each time you open an affected file.