When someone publishes an update to a main component, style, or variable in a library, Figma makes the updates available in every file where the component, style, or variable is used.
can edit access to a file can review and accept the changes.
View available updates
View all updates
When updates are available for a style, component, or variable, a notification appears in the bottom right corner of your file. Click Review to open the Updates tab of the team library modal and accept or ignore changes.
Tip: You can dismiss the notification and continue to use the component, style, or variable in its current state. If you dismiss the notification, Figma will prompt you again the next time you open the file.
To view all available updates in the file at any time:
- Click the Assets panel in the left sidebar.
- Click Team library.
- Switch to the Updates tab.
View updates to a single component or style
When you select a component instance or a layer using a style or variable, an update icon will appear in the design panel if there is an update available. Click the icon to review the update, or immediately apply the update to the selected instance.
Review and accept updates
From the Updates tab of theTeam library, click on each update to review the changes.
- A By default, Figma shows a Side by side view of the change. You can switch to an Overlay view, which places the updated component, style, or variable on top of the current instance. The Overlay view has a slider to change the opacity of the updated component, style, or variable to visually compare the difference with the original.
- B If there are multiple instances of the updated component, style, or variable in the file, you can use the arrows to review each instance on the canvas.
- C You can update each instance individually, or update them all at once.
Note: You won’t be able to visually compare updates made to hidden layers in a component.