If you maintain a library of styles, components, and variables, you may need to unpublish a library. This means anyone using this library will no longer be able to access the library or receive updates to its styles, components, and variables.
- Open the file that you want to unpublish. Make sure you select the library file where your main components and styles are located.
- Go to the Assets tab and click on the Library icon or use the Keyboard Shortcuts:
- Mac: ⌥ Option + 3
- Windows: Ctrl + 3
- Click on the Current file to view the styles, components, and variable collections in the library.
- Click the Unpublish button at the bottom of the modal.
- Click Remove File from Library to confirm. Figma will remove that file and any styles and components from the library modal.
Note: Team members can still use instances from an unpublished library. They will no longer receive any updates made to those instances.