Before you start
Who can use this feature
Supported on any team or plan.
Anyone with can edit access can create styles.
Use styles to define the color, text and any effects applied to objects; or to define the structure and appearance of layout grids.
Create styles for:
- Paints and colors: fill, stroke, background color
- Text: font family, size, line height, spacing
- Effects: drop shadow, inner shadow, layer blur, background blur
- Layout grids: row, column, grid
Whenever you make a change to a style's properties - like updating a text style's color from red to blue - Figma will apply those changes to any objects using that style.
- Create paint, text, layout grid and effect styles
- Apply styles to layers and object
- Manage and share styles
Learn more about when to use styles in our blog post: Best practices: components, styles, and shared libraries.