Before you start
Who can use this feature
Users on Any Plan
Users with Edit access can create Styles
The Styles feature allows you to define a set of properties of an object, that can be reused across your team's designs.
You can use Styles to define the Color, Text and any Effects applied to objects; or to define the structure and appearance of Layout Grids.
Figma supports Styles for the following features:
- Paints: Fill, Stroke, Background Color
- Text: Font Family, Size, Line Height, Spacing.
- Effects: Drop Shadow, Inner Shadow, Layer Blur, Background Blur.
- Layout Grids: Row, Column, Grid.
Whenever you make a change to a Style's properties - like updating the text color from red to blue - Figma will update any objects using that Style.
- Create Paint, Text, Layout Grid and Effect Styles
- Apply Styles to layers and object
- Manage and Share Styles
Learn more about when to use Styles in our blog post: Best practices: components, styles, and shared libraries.