Before you start
Who can use this feature
Supported on any team or plan.
Notifications help keep you in the loop with what’s happening in your Figma account.
Notifications appear in the file browser by default but you can also enable desktop and email notifications.
File browser notifications
Figma displays any notifications next to the account menu on the right side of the navigation bar. If you have a new notification, Figma displays a red dot over the bell.
The notifications modal displays the 50 most recent notifications. From the notifications modal, you can:
- Accept or decline invitations to files, projects, or teams
- Click on a notification to open the relevant file or resource
- Click Mark all as read to clear any unread notifications
Use the desktop app to view notifications from the Menu Bar on Mac or the System Tray on Windows. Learn more about the desktop app →
To access this feed, open the Figma desktop app and click. If you have a new notification, Figma displays a red dot next to the icon.
Note: If you’ve added multiple Figma accounts, Figma only displays notifications from the account you’re currently on.
Desktop notifications are enabled by default. To disable desktop notifications, do one of the following:
- On Mac: Navigate to Figma > Preferences and deselect Show Figma in the Menu Bar
- On Windows: Navigate to the System Tray in the Task bar and deselect Show Figma in the System Tray
Email notifications are enabled by default. You can modify email notification settings for the following events:
- All comments on your files and any threads you’re in
- Only mentions and replies
Invites and requests
- All types of invites and requests for projects, files, teams, upgrades, and branching and merge requests (organization plan only)
- Only invites and requests that need a response
If you have a Community profile, you can choose to receive email notifications for the following:
All comments on your published resources
Only mentions and replies
In addition, if you have published resources to the Community, you can choose to receive a weekly digest email that contains a summary of activity on your published resources.
Note: Disabling email notifications does not disable all emails from Figma. You will still receive important emails regarding account management, billing, and admin settings.
To manage email notifications:
- From the file browser, open the account menu in the top-right corner.
- Select Settings.
- Select the Notifications tab.
- Use the settings to configure your email notification preferences.
Note: Disabling email notifications does not disable notifications in Figma. You will still receive notifications in the notification modal in Figma. It is not possible to disable these notifications.
Connect Slack to your Figma Account using our Slack integration. This lets you receive notifications in Slack when a team member comments on a file or thread you're active on. Learn how to manage Figma notifications in Slack →