Before you start
Who can use this feature
Supported on any team or plan.
Your email address is account is how you access your Figma account. Update your email to change the address associated with your account.
There are three ways to register or authenticate your account in Figma: email address and unique password, Google SSO, and SAML SSO. Your signup method will dictate whether you can update your email address and password in Figma.
Email address and password
If you signed up for Figma with your email address and a unique password, you can update both your email and password in your account settings.
- Open the file browser and click your profile in the top-right to open the account menu.
- Select Settings to open the settings modal.
- Select the Account tab to update your details
- Click Change email underneath your email address
- Click Change password to reset your password.
- Click Save to apply your changes.
When you sign up for Figma via Google SSO, your email address and password will be Managed by Google. This means that you won't be able to update your email address or password in Figma.
If you want to change your Google email address or password, you will need to do this in your Google account. For detailed instructions, follow the Google Support links below:
- Change or reset your password by Google Support.
- Change your username or email address by Google Support.
Switch from Google SSO to email and password
If your email address and password are Managed by Google, you can't update them in Figma. If you want to change the email associated with your account, you'll need to remove Google SSO.
To remove Google SSO, you need to request and set a new account password. This allows you log in with your email address and unique password. Once updated, you can change the email to any address.
- Log out of your Figma account.
- Visit the Figma website and click Log in in the top-right corner.
- Click the Forgot Password? link.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to request a password reset email.
- Click the link in your password reset email. Figma will prompt you to enter a new password.
- When you next go to log in, you can log in via your gmail address and your new password.
- If you want to change the email address associated with your account, you can now update your email address in Figma ↑
If you log in to Figma with your company email address via SAML SSO, your organization's identity provider will manage your login details. It's not possible to update your email address in Figma.
We recommend contacting your IT department, or an organization admin, for help updating your email address or password there. You can still update your name and profile picture in Figma.