Before you start
Who can use this feature
Users on any team or plan can leave comments on prototypes. You will need to be logged into your Figma account to add and respond to comments.
Anyone with access to the prototype can leave comments.
Comments takes collaboration to the next level. They are a great way to give and receive feedback. You can add and reply to comments on files and prototypes.
To add comments to prototypes:
- Log in to your Figma account
- View a prototype in Presentation view
- View other comments on prototypes in Presentation view
Comment on prototypes
Comment on prototypes in Presentation view. You can comment if your have can view or can edit access, as long as you are logged in to Figma.
Note: Prototypes with the toolbar and footer hidden will not display comments. You will need to show the toolbar and footer to comment.
- Open the prototype in Presentation view.
- Go to the screen you'd like to comment on.
- Click on the comment icon in the menu bar. Your cursor will turn into a pin icon.
- Click on a location in the prototype.
- Type your comment in the field provided. You can @mention collaborators or add emoji to your messages. Click Post when you're ready.
- Click the comment icon again or press Esc to exit comment mode.
Reply to comments
You can only view and reply to these comments from Presentation view. When you click on a comment, you'll be prompted to join the conversation. Figma will thread any replies.
- Click the on the comment to view the message.
- Click in the Reply field to enter your response. You can @mention collaborators or add emoji to your messages.
- Click Reply to post. Figma will add your comment to the thread.
Tip! You can add Mentions or Emoji to your Comments. Learn more in our Give Feedback with Comments article.
When you've reached an agreement, or have resolved an issue, click Resolve on the comment.
Figma will remove the comment icon from the prototype. You can still access resolved comments, if you enable that setting (see below).
Adjust your Comment Settings
Show Resolved Comments
As long as you are logged in to your Figma account, you will be able to make comments on a prototype. You will be able to respond and resolve comments.
You can decide if you would like to show resolved comments on the prototype. This will display any comments you've already resolved alongside new or outstanding comments.
- Access Presentation view from your file by clicking the Present button.
- Click Options in the toolbar.
- Select Show Resolved Comments. A check will appear next to the setting when this is enabled.
- Select the setting again to remove the check and hide any Resolved Comments. disable.
Note: If there are no comments on the prototype, then this setting will be greyed out and can't be updated.
Show Only Your Comments
You can also choose to only view your own Comments.
- Access Presentation View from your file by clicking the Present icon.
- Click Options in the menu bar.
- Select Show Only Your Comments. A check will appear next to the setting when this is enabled.
- Select the setting again to show comments from all collaborators.