Upload custom fonts to an organization
Who can use this feature
Supported on the Organization and Enterprise plans.
Only organization admins can upload fonts to the organization. Only team admins can upload fonts to a team.
Figma supports .TTF and .OTF fonts. Web fonts are not supported.
Organizations can upload custom fonts to use across organization files. Upload fonts in a specific team, or upload them to the organization.
There's no need to share, install or update fonts for individual users. This also allows Chromebook and Linux users to access custom fonts.
You can only upload fonts in .TTF and .OTF format. It's not possible to upload or install web fonts. Access any fonts on your computer via the Figma Desktop app or Figma Font Helper.
Warning: Admins should only upload fonts they own or have a license to use in Figma. Find out more in the Content and Content rights section of Figma’s Terms of Service
Any fonts you upload to the organization will be available to everyone. Members of any team in the organization can access and use these fonts.
Only organization admins can upload fonts to the organization.
- Open Figma in the organization workspace.
- Select Admin settings in the left sidebar.
- Select Resource and then Shared fonts:
- Click Upload fonts
- Select the font file from your computer. You can upload multiple font files at once. Click Open to select the fonts.
- Confirm you have the necessary rights and licenses to use the font(s). Click Upload to start the upload process. The font will now be available in the font picker for files in the Organization.
Note: Figma will let you know if you already have fonts uploaded with that font family name. Click Skip to leave the font out of the upload, or Replace to update the existing font.
Only team admins can upload fonts to a team.
- Open Figma in the organization workspace and select the team in the sidebar.
- Select the Settings tab.
- Click Manage shared fonts.
- Figma will show you a list of all the fonts available in that team, including the Font Family, Style, Version and a Sample of the font.
- Click in the top-right corner to add a font.
- Select the font file from your computer and then Open to select. You can select as many font files as you want.
- Check the box to confirm you have the necessary rights and licenses to use the font(s).
- Click Upload to start the upload process. The font will now be available in the font picker in any files in that team.