Before you start
Who can use this feature
Supported on any team or plan
Supported on computers and devices running Windows or MacOS.
Figma gives you access to a catalog of Google Web Fonts, which you can use without having to install anything.
If you've purchased your own fonts, or have a catalog of fonts on your computer, you can also use these in Figma. To allow Figma to access these fonts, you need to add or install them on your device:
Figma desktop app
If you're using the Figma desktop app, you can find your local fonts in the font picker:
- Select a text layer, or select some of the text within a text layer.
- Figma will show the Text properties in the right sidebar.
- Click the to the right of the font to browse your font list.
- Click on a font family to select it. You can then adjust other properties of the text, like style, size, line height, letter spacing, and more. Learn more about text properties →
FigmaAgent runs an HTTP and HTTPS server on localhost. It only allows connections from
figma.com and isn't exposed to the public internet.
You may see events related to the FigmaAgent in your console log or when monitoring activity on your computer. The loopback address for localhost resolves to
Figma in the browser
If you're using Figma in the browser, you will need to install Figma font service manually. This is a secure background service that allows Figma to access any fonts on your computer and make them available in the font picker.
Install the font service
Note: The Figma font service has the same browser requirements as using Figma in the browser. Learn more about Figma's browser requirements →
- Download the font service from Figma's downloads page →
- Reload all Figma tabs to access local fonts in the font picker.
Uninstall the font service
To remove the font service from your computer, you need to run the uninstaller.
Depending on when you installed Figma, you may have a previous version of the font service. Uninstall any of the following programs in the programs section of the Windows Control Panel:
- Figma Service
- Figma Font Helper
- Figma Agent
To uninstall a program in Windows:
- Open the Windows Control Panel
- Select Programs > Programs and Features.
- Right-click the program and select Uninstall. Follow the directions on the screen.
- Open Terminal.app
- Paste in the following command:
/bin/bash -c "$(curl -fsSL https://desktop.figma.com/agent/mac/uninstall.sh)"
Font missing or running into other font issues? Troubleshoot common font issues →