Before you Start
Who can use this feature
Available on any team or plan
can edit access can paste assets into a design file
can view access to a file can copy and export assets unless copying and sharing has been restricted by the file owner. Learn how to restrict copying and sharing on a file →
If your workflow requires the use of multiple design tools, it’s helpful to know how to quickly move assets between tools.
Because SVG is a lossless format, we recommend importing and exporting assets as SVGs when moving content between design tools.
Paste assets into Figma from other tools
You can quickly import assets from other design tools by copying and pasting them directly into a Figma design file. Learn more about importing content into Figma →
To paste assets into a Figma design file:
- Open the tool you want to select your asset from.
- Copy the asset to your clipboard as an SVG.
- In the desired Figma design file, right-click the canvas and select Paste here to paste the asset.
Note: SVG marker and pattern elements will not be included in the import.
Copy assets from Figma to other tools
You can quickly export assets from Figma by copying them as SVGs and pasting them into a different design tool. Learn more about exporting content from Figma →
To copy assets from a Figma design file:
- In Figma, select the object you want to copy.
- Right-click on the selected object, go to Copy/Paste as, and select Copy as SVG to copy it to your clipboard.
- Paste the asset into the desired tool.
You also can use the following integrations to quickly bring your files into other tools: