Before you start
Who can use this feature
Users on Professional or Figma Organization Figma plans
You can only prevent viewers from copying and sharing files in teams. It's not possible to prevent copying and sharing for files in your Drafts.
You can't prevent Editors or Admins copying and sharing Files. You can adjust their Permissions to restrict their access.
Link sharing is a great way to get your designs in front of other collaborators. By default, anyone with can view access to the file will be able to copy and share the file and its contents.
If you are in a Professional team or an Organization, you can decide if Viewers should be able to copy, share, or export from the file.
If you choose to restrict this access, people with can view access will no longer be able to:
- Copy frames, layers, or text from the canvas
- Duplicate the file to their account
- Export any assets from the file
- Save a copy of the file as a .fig
Figma will apply this restriction to everyone with can view access to the file. This includes people who were added to the file via link sharing.
Restrict copy, share, and export actions
- Click the Share button from the File.
- Click the icon in the bottom-right corner.
- Select Allow viewers to copy, share, and export from this file to remove the check.
- Figma will prevent any Viewers from copying or sharing the File.