Figma was built to bring real-time collaboration to Design. We do this through a web application where everyone in your team can work simultaneously online together, and where we can auto-save your changes securely to the cloud. But sometimes your internet connection is unreliable, or you're stuck on a flight without Wi-Fi. Figma does not have a dedicated "Offline Mode", however, there are still many functions that can be done without an internet connection if your file is already open and loaded.
If you believe you encountered a problem due to working offline or poor network connection, try troubleshooting saving changes to a File.
Caution Figma automatically saves your data to the cloud when you are online. If you are offline, we cannot save your changes. Changes will be synced when you reconnect. If your computer crashes or your battery dies while offline, your changes will be lost. Save your work periodically to ensure you have a backup.
- Open your Files: If you know you'll be without an internet connection, you should prepare by opening your files while you are still connected to the internet. Without a connection, we cannot load your files from the cloud, and you won't be able to edit.
- Make your Edits: While offline, you can perform certain actions that do not rely on an internet connection.
- Available offline:
- Creating Frames, Basic Shapes, Vector Networks
- Creating and using local Components
- Creating pages
- Adjusting layer properties (e.g fill, stroke, dimensions, position, layer order)
- Run plugins without external browser APIs that were previously installed
- Saving as a .fig File to your local file space
- Not available offline:
- Searching your Team Library and inserting Instances from the Team Library
- Installing new Plugins
- Running Plugins that require external browser APIs
- Loading Version History
- Autosaving/syncing edits to the cloud
- Multiplayer features like Observation Mode
- Available offline:
- Periodically save your work locally to a .fig File from the Menu > File > Save as .fig or by using the Keyboard Shortcuts
- MacOS: Shift-Command-S
- Windows:Shift + Control + S
Note: If you backup your file while offline by saving as a .fig, and have to use that .fig to restore, any connections to Team Library Components will not be maintained. An imported .fig file is treated as a new file, not a new version of an existing file.