Before you Start
Who can use this feature
Supported on any team or plan.
When you're getting into a state of flow, the line between tool and designer blurs, giving you the freedom to explore the problems you're trying to solve. To save you from any unnecessary clicking and scrolling, we've put some handy keyboard shortcuts and quick actions at your fingertips.
Note: It's currently not possible to create custom keyboard shortcuts or quick actions. This is something to consider if you have applications with conflicting shortcuts. For example: a shortcut to open your password manager.
You have access to a range of keyboard shortcuts in the Figma Editor.
Open the keyboard shortcuts panel
Open the keyboard shortcuts panel from any file to:
- See at a glance which shortcuts you're using
- Discover new shortcuts to help streamline your Figma workflow
To open the panel:
- A Click in the bottom-right and select Keyboard shortcuts
- B Or use the shortcut:
- Mac: Ctrl Shift?
- Windows: Ctrl + Shift + ?
Figma will open the shortcuts panel along the bottom of the screen. Use the tabs to explore shortcuts related to each set of actions.
- Shortcuts you've already used are blue
- Shortcuts you haven't used are grey
You can continue to use in Figma while viewing the keyboard shortcuts panel. Click on the right to close the shortcuts panel.
Note: Figma will tailor the shortcuts you see to your device. We've used some of the simplified keyboard symbols to indicate which keys to use. If you're unsure, or don't have that symbol on your keyboard, hover over the symbol to see the full expression.
Use the quick actions search bar to access items in the file menu using only your keyboard.
Note: Quick actions are only available in the Figma Editor, not the file browser or Figma Community.
Perform actions from the menu, toolbar, and view settings in a file. A few examples of useful quick actions include:
- Run installed plugins
- View and adjust nudge settings
- Copy, save, or export a selection
- Add/show comments in a file
- Zoom to the next frame
- Toggle settings like grids, rulers, and multiplayer cursors
- Access items in the menu like the Help Center and Keyboard shortcut list
Use quick actions
To access the quick actions bar:
- Use the keyboard shortcut:
- Mac: ⌘ Command / or ⌘ Command P
- Windows: Control + / or Control + P
- Type your search in the field.
- Navigate results by pressing ↑ or ↓ on your keyboard.
- Press Return or Enter to perform an action.
Recents in the quick actions bar show you the last three actions performed by file during a session. If you close a file's tab, your recent quick actions are reset.
Note: It's not possible to open the share modal or presentation view via quick actions.