Before you Start
Who can use this feature
Users on Any plan can use the text tool
Users with Edit access to a File to create and edit text layers
At the moment, there isn't a purpose-built bulleted list feature in Figma.
- Create a Text layer for the bullet
- Create a Text layer for the list item
- Duplicate both layers to create further list items
- Use Smart Selection to adjust the spacing between items
- Create Components to reuse in your designs (Optional)
Replicate a bulleted list
Create a text layer for the bullet
- Select the Text tool in the toolbar or by pressing the T key.
- Create the text layer for the bullet.
- Click on a spot in the canvas to create a resizing text layer.
- Click and drag to create a text layer with a fixed size
- Use the keyboard shortcut to add a single bullet in the Text layer:
- macOS: ⌥ Option 8
- Windows: Alt 0 1 4 9
Create a text layer for the list item
Create a second text object next to the bullet. This is where we'll add the text for the first item on our list.
Note: If you are using different a font or font size is used between the bullet and the text, make sure the line height is set to an equivalent value.
Copy your bullet and item
Select both Text Layers and copy them. You can use any of the following methods.
- macOS: Command D
- Windows: Control D
Copy and paste
Use the Copy and Paste shortcuts:
macOS: Command C and Command V
Windows: ControlC and Control V
Drag to copy
- Hover over the selected layers, hold down the Option key and drag to create a copy of those layers.
- Release your mouse/trackpad before you release the Option key.
Adjust spacing with Smart Selection
You can now adjust the space between the bullet and the text, as well as the spacing between each list item.
Use Smart Selection to create uniform spacing between objects.
Tip! Create a Component for the bullet and the Text box to reuse the bullet for each item in the list. Learn more about creating components in our Getting started with Components article.