Before you start
Who can use this feature
Available on all plans
can view access to a prototype can copy the share link.
can edit and
owner access can edit a prototype's share settings.
Maze allows you to test your Figma prototype with real users. Gain insight and build better products with usability metrics and valuable feedback.
Use Maze to:
- Run usability testing on Figma prototypes
- Create missions for users to complete
- A/B test designs to compare performance
- Get quantitative data like success rates, misclick rates, and duration.
- Review heat maps for each screen in your prototype
- Ask follow-up questions with scales or open-ended questions
- Find the best user flow for your designs
- Run in-person tests using a single device
How it works
Maze uses your Figma prototype's share link to create a new mission in Maze. Maze will need read-only access to all your Figma Files to import the information needed to create a user test.
Tip! If you're new to Maze, you can create a Maze account for free.
Import a Prototype from Figma
- From your File, click the play icon to enter presentation mode.
- Click the Share Prototype button in the menu bar. This will open the Sharing modal for the Prototype.
- Adjust the Link Sharing Discovery settings to Anyone with the link.
- Click Copy link to copy the prototype's URL to your clipboard.
Learn more about sharing Figma prototypes.
Test a Prototype in Maze
- Log in to Maze and open the Projects dashboard.
- Open or create a maze.
- Add a Mission Block and paste the link to your Figma prototype. It’s recommended to optimize your Figma prototype before importing it into Maze.
- If needed, add more tasks and questions to your maze.
- Preview your maze, then click Start testing in the top menu.
- Click Copy maze link to share the test URL with people to get results.
- Once you start receiving responses, you can access your results and report.
Visit the Maze Help Center for more on creating user tests.
Update the Prototype in Maze
If you make changes to a prototype in Figma, you’ll need to update the prototype in Maze as well.
Disconnect Maze from Figma
If you want to remove the Maze integration, or remove access, you can do so in your Figma account Settings.
- From the file browser, click your name in the top-left corner.
- Select Settings from the account menu.
- Scroll down to the Connected Apps section.
- Click Revoke access next to the Maze application.