Before you Start
Who can use this feature
Users on Any Figma plan can develop plugins for the Figma community
Users must use the Desktop App to develop plugins. Download the Figma Desktop app.
The Desktop App is only available for macOS and Windows.
We built the Figma Plugin API around a set of fixed, controlled endpoints. This ensures your plugins won't break as Figma releases updates and new features.
If there is something wrong with the Plugin API itself, please let us know so that we can address any issues.
If you notice that something isn't working as expected, please reach out to our support team: firstname.lastname@example.org.
As the plugin's developer it's your responsibility to assist your plugin's users. Figma does not provide support around third-party applications.
You will need to add a Support contact via the plugin submission process. This can be an email address, or a link to a website or help center.
Once we approve your plugin, we don't require a review on any updates. This means that we publish any updates immediately.
Users will only have access to the latest version of your plugin. It's not possible to revert to a previous version of the plugin.
The process for submitting an update is the same as the publishing process.
- Open the Figma Desktop app.
- In the File Browser, click on your name to view your account.
- Click on the My plugins tab to view your plugins.
- In the Development section, click on the plugin you'd like to publish and select Publish from the options.
- Edit any information about your plugin, including the name, description, tags, and any artwork.
- You will now have an additional field for Version History notes. Enter a description of any changes you've made or bugs you're addressing, with this version.
- Click Review to complete the process.
- We will update the plugin for everyone that has it installed.
Tip! If you have the source code of a previous version available, you could release this as a new update. In the event of a bug or other blocker.