View and adjust colors in a mixed selection
Before you Start
Who can use this feature
Users on Any plan can use paints in their designs
Users with Edit access can view and update paint properties in a mixed selection
The Selection Colors feature allows you to view and adjust any colors applied to objects in a selection.
- Select objects or layers and view or adjust individual colors in the selection.
- Select a parent object, like a Frame, Group, or Component. View and adjust the color properties of any child objects.
Note: You can still adjust the properties of the parent object in the Properties Panel. This allows you to update Fill and Stroke properties of the Frame, without affecting child objects.
Selection colors include:
✅ Solid colors
✅ Gradients (linear, radial, angular, diamond)
✅ Boolean groups*
Selection colors do not include:
🚫 Hidden fills
*Note: Only colors applied to the combined Boolean group will be included in the Selection Colors. Colors applied to any child objects won't show up in the Selection Colors section.
View Selection Colors
View colors in your selection in the Selection Colors section of the Properties Panel.
Figma groups colors into Color Styles and Paints - any Fills or Strokes that you haven't saved as Styles.
Paints or Styles only appear once in the Selection colors section. By default, we show the three most frequently used Paints and Styles.
- Click on a Paint to open the Color picker. This allows you to adjust the paint type, color, hue, opacity, and blend mode. Or, pick another color from your Document colors.
- Click on a style to open the Style modal. This allows you to select from your list of local styles, or styles from enabled libraries.
- Click the detach icon to detach the style
- Click the target icon to select all layers that use that color
- Click the Style icon to open the Style picker. This allows you to apply a Style to the selected color, or create a new Style.
- Use the percentage field to adjust the opacity of a paint
- Click the See all colors or See all styles link to view the rest of the colors in the selection
Want to swap two colors around? We won't update the Selection colors section until you close the Color Picker.
- Click on the first color you want to swap.
- Select the second color in the Document colors section of the Color picker.
- Without closing the Color picker, click on the second color in the Selection Colors section.
- Select the first color in the Document colors section.
- Close the Color picker.