Scaling the size of the interface is useful if the default size is too small for your comfort or display.
In the Figma desktop app, you can zoom in or out of the Figma interface to personalize your view. In the browser, you can use your browser settings to adjust the interface's scale.
This includes the scale of the:
- Sidebars and thumbnails in the file browser and any file
- Text size and icons in any panels, modals, toolbars and menus
- Designs on the canvas in Figma design files and objects on FigJam boards
Keep in mind, increasing the scale of the interface will result in less working space on the canvas and on boards.
Adjust the scale from your browser
If you want to adjust the size of the Figma interface in a browser, you can do so from the browser's View menu.
- Open a Figma design file.
- Click View from the browser's toolbar at the top of your window.
- Click Zoom. These steps may vary slightly between supported browsers.
To revert your browser's zoom to 100%, click Actual size in the View menu.
Adjust the scale in the desktop app
- In the desktop app, click View from the menu bar.
- Hover over the Interface Scale option:
- Choose to:
- Reset to Default
- Make Larger
- Make Smaller
- Reset to Default: ⌥ Option⇧ Shift⌘ Command0
- Make Larger: ⌥ Option⇧ Shift⌘ Command=
- Make Smaller: ⌥ Option⇧ Shift⌘ Command-
- Reset to Default: CtrlShiftAlt0
- Make Larger: CtrlShiftAlt=
- Make Smaller: CtrlShiftAlt-
Tip! To zoom in or out of objects in the canvas or on boards without changing the interface scale, learn about adjusting your zoom and view settings.