- Anyone with can view or can edit access in a FigJam file can use the timer.
Track time and manage working sessions with the timer in FigJam, whether you're working solo or in a group setting.
A few things to note about the timer:
- Anyone in the file can start, pause, add time, and stop the timer
- You can set a timer up to 99 minutes and 59 seconds
- There can only be one active timer per file
- You can play music while the timer runs
- During the countdown, time can be added but not reduced
You currently cannot assign timer controls to a single facilitator.
Use the timer
To access the timer modal, click in the upper left corner of your FigJam file and select Timer from the dropdown. Once the timer is started, you can click to hide the modal and keep the timer running in the toolbar. To reopen the timer modal, click the countdown in the toolbar.
When time is up, everyone in the file will see the timer modal shake and announce
00:00, even if they have closed the modal or muted the timer ↓.
To add time to the clock:
- Type to enter the minutes and seconds
- Press ↑ / ↓ arrows to adjust the time by a minute, or ⇧ Shift↑ / ↓ to adjust the time by 5 minute intervals. You can also adjust the seconds field by 1 or 5 seconds using these shortcuts.
Once you're ready, press Return / Enter or click to start the countdown.
If you or your team need to add more time, you can press +1 min in the modal to add 1 minute per click to the timer. This can be done when the clock is running or paused.
Click to pause the timer for everyone in the file. Once paused, the clock will flash in the timer modal and the toolbar. To resume the timer, click .
Click to mute the timer sound for yourself. Others in the file can still hear the countdown and end chime. To unmute, click .
Fill the silence by playing music while the timer runs. In the timer modal, click Pick a song and choose from the selection of preset tracks. The same music track plays for everyone in the file but users control their own music volume and can mute it for themselves.
Note: Anyone in the file can set or change a music track.
Click to stop the timer for you and everyone in the file. Once stopped, the modal resets and you're able to start a new timer or click to close the modal.
When the timer is running, clicking will only close the modal, not stop the timer.
Want to provide some feedback on FigJam or the timer? Visit the Figma support forum →.