Who can use this feature
Supported on the Enterprise plan.
Only workspace admins can set default teams for workspaces they manage.
Workspaces are collections of teams, people, and resources. They add another layer of structure within larger organizations.
Workspace admins can assign default teams to members in a workspace. When enabled, Figma will add existing members of the workspace, and any new member who joins the workspace, to the selected default teams. It’s not possible to set default teams for guests.
Tip: Default teams can be teams in the current workspace or teams in other workspaces in the organization.
Add or remove default teams
- Select Admin in the left sidebar.
- At the top-left of Admin, you'll see the name of the workspace.
- If you're an admin of more than one workspace, you can use the dropdown menu to select another workspace.
- If you're also an organization admin, you'll see the name of your organization instead. Click on the dropdown menu to select a workspace.
- Select Edit default teams to add or remove default teams.
- Add team: start typing the team name in the field. Figma will auto-complete suggestions from teams in the current workspace.
- Remove team: click next to the team name.
- Select Save to apply your changes.
Note: Removing a team from a workspace’s default teams doesn’t affect membership for existing team members.