Before you begin
Supported on the Enterprise plan.
Only workspace admins can set default teams for workspaces they manage.
Workspaces are collections of teams, people, and resources. They add another layer of structure within larger organizations.
Workspace admins can assign default teams to members in a workspace. When enabled, Figma adds everyone in the workspace to the selected default teams. This applies to existing members or guests, or anyone new who joins the workspace.
Tip: Default teams can be teams in the current workspace or teams in other workspaces in the organization.
Add or remove default teams
- Open the organization in Figma.
- Select Admin settings in the left sidebar.
- If you're an admin of more than one workspace, you can select another workspace in the menu bar. Click the workspace name and select another workspace.
- Select the Teams tab in the menu bar.
- Select Edit default teams to add or remove default teams.
- Add team: start typing the team name in the field. Figma will auto-complete suggestions from teams in the current workspace.
- Remove team: click next to the team name.
- Select Save to apply your changes.
Note: Removing a team from a workspace’s default teams doesn’t affect membership for existing team members.