Who can use this feature
Custom sidebar sections are available on on the Organization and Enterprise plans.
Use custom sections to organize your sidebar and group relevant workspaces*, teams, projects, and files together for easy access.
Adding or removing items from your sidebar won’t change their location in Figma. Any sections you create are only visible to you and won't affect what your teammates see.
*Workspaces are only available on the Enterprise plan.
Create a custom section
- From the file browser, hover over the name of an existing section and click the plus icon.
- Give the section a name.
Tip: For extra pizzazz, you can includeemojis in the name of your custom sections.
Add items to a custom section
From the file browser
- From the file browser, navigate to a workspace, team, project, or file.
- Click the star icon.
- Choose the section where you want to add the item.
Note: On mobile, sections only display the files you’ve added. Support for teams and projects is coming soon.
From within a file
You can add a Figma design or FigJam file to a section without leaving the file.
- Deselect all layers by clicking on an empty space on the canvas.
- Click the menu next to the filename at the top of the screen.
- Hover over Add to sidebar and select a section.
Organize your sidebar
Reorder your custom sections
You can change the order of sections in your sidebar and the items within each section. Click on the name of the section or item and drag where you want it to go.
Note: It’s not possible to nest sections or items in a section.
Hide or show items in a custom section
You can hide or show the items in a custom section by toggling the open and close arrows next to the section name.
Rename or delete a custom section
You can rename or delete a custom section at any time. Deleting a custom section removes all the items in the section from your sidebar. It won’t affect the workspaces, teams, projects, or files in any way.
- From the file browser, hover over the name of the custom section.
- Click the three dots menu.
- Rename or delete the section.
Tip: Deleting a custom section cannot be undone. However, you can recreate the section by creating a new one and adding the same items to it.