Before you start
Who can use this feature
Supported on any team or plan.
Anyone with can view access can view files and prototypes and leave comments.
Anyone with can edit access can mirror frames from their desktop.
The Figma mobile app lets you access your files and test prototypes from anywhere. You can also share files, browse multiple workspaces, and mirror frames from your desktop to your mobile device.
Use the Figma mobile app to:
- Search, browse, and view files and prototypes
- Present and test prototypes without being tethered to your desktop
- Comment on files and prototypes
- Mirror selected frames from your desktop to a mobile device
- Edit FigJam files
- Navigate teams and projects
- Mark files and projects as favorites for fast access
- Stay in the loop when working outside of Figma with push notifications
Note: It's not possible to edit Figma design files using the mobile app.
Download the mobile app
Use the following links or QR codes to install the Figma mobile app:
- Figma for iOS: Supported on Apple iPhone and iPad running iOS 16 or later
- Figma for Android: Supported on Android phones and tablets running Android 8 or later
For best performance, we recommend that you use the latest version of your device’s operating system.
Working in FigJam on an iPad? We recommend using the FigJam app supported on iPads running iPadOS 16 or later. Learn more about FigJam for iPad →
Note: The Figma mobile app isn’t supported on beta versions of iOS or Android operating systems.
Log in to Figma
Log in to your Figma account using any of these methods:
Having trouble logging in on your iPad? Make sure you enable cookies for Safari. Go to Settings > Safari > Privacy & Security and disable Block all cookies. If that doesn't work, try logging in to your account in the Safari browser first, then open the Figma app.
Switch to a different organization
The Figma mobile app only displays files from one organization at a time. If your account is part of a Figma Organization and you can't find your files, it's possible they're in a different organization or account. Tap your organization's logo in the top-right corner to switch to another organization.
Note: It's not currently possible to switch between Figma accounts in the mobile app. You'll need to log out and sign in again using another account.
Set preferred language
Browse and search files
When you open the Figma mobile app, you'll see your recent Prototypes and Files organized in their own section.
There are a couple ways to find a file or prototype:
- Browse the Recents tab to view the files and prototypes you most recently opened
- Click See all for a section to browse all your files or prototypes
- Use the Search tab to find a specific file for prototype by name. You can also browse through the files you starred using the Figma desktop or browser apps
Note: You cannot star or unstar files from the Figma mobile app.
Tap on a file or prototype to open and view it.
View a file
With a file open:
- Hold and drag your finger across your screen to pan around the file's canvas
- Pinch the screen with two fingers to zoom in and out of the canvas
- Long-press a location on the canvas to add a comment
You can also:
- Press to close the file
- Press to navigate between pages in a file
- Press to present a prototype
- Press to show and hide comments
- Press to copy the file link and view sharing options
Edit FigJam boards
If you’re working in FigJam on an iPad, we recommend using the FigJam app. This app provides a dedicated space to view, edit, and manage your FigJam boards. The FigJam app is supported on iPads running iPadOS 15 or later. Learn more about FigJam for iPad →
You can still view and edit FigJam boards using the Figma mobile app.
View a prototype
View a prototype to test interactions or to view static designs on a real device. If a prototype has no interactions, tap on the screen to navigate to the next frame.
Prototypes have a hidden menu bar. To access it, press and hold the screen with two fingers. The menu contains options to:
- Switch between flow starting points
- Restart the prototype from the flow's starting frame
- View the file for the prototype
- Turn comments on and off
- Toggle hotspot hints
- Share the prototype link
- Exit the prototype and return to the Recent tab
Comment on files and prototypes
Use comments on the Figma mobile app to keep up-to-date even when you’re away from your computer. You can access your comment notifications from the Activity tab.
Tap on a comment to open the quick reply view. This lets you quickly view comments without having to load the entire file. From here, you can:
- Reply to comments
- Long-press on a comment to leave a reaction
- Tap to resolve a comment you added
If you want to view the comment within the larger context of the file, tap Open comment in file.
Use the Mirror tab of the mobile app to view frames that are selected in the file on your desktop.
- View real-time edits to a frame on a mobile device
- Preview how assets in your design look scaled to a device screen
Stay up-to-date with mobile push notifications, even when you’re working outside of Figma. Push notifications are enabled by default.
To manage push notifications in the Figma mobile app:
- Tap your organization’s logo in the top-right corner.
- Tap Notifications.
- Use the settings to configure your push notification preferences
Troubleshoot app closure on Android devices
If you’re experiencing an issue with the Figma mobile app forcibly closing on your Android device, do the following:
- Update the Android System Webview on your device to the latest version.
- Restart your device.
- Open the Figma mobile app.