Before you start
Who can use this feature
Supported on any team or plan.
Anyone with can view access can view prototypes.
Anyone with can edit access can mirror frames.
You will need a Figma account to use the Figma mobile app.
iOS: You must be running at least iOS 14.5
Android: You must be running at least Android 8.0
New to the Figma mobile app? Read our guide to the Figma mobile app →
Prototypes replicate how users might interact with your designs. Use the Figma mobile app to preview prototyping interactions on the device you're designing for.
It's only possible to preview frames with prototyping connections. If you don't have any connections set up yet, check out our guide to prototyping in Figma.
Figma mobile app
Use the Figma mobile app to preview both static designs and prototyping interactions. You can preview your prototype using presentation view in the app or by mirroring frames from your desktop.
- Sign in to the Figma mobile app.
- Use the Recent or Search tabs to find the file or prototype you want to view.
- Tap the file or prototype to open it. From the file, press to present the prototype.
The prototype will play according to its flow starting point.
Note: Frames must have prototype connections to be interactive in presentation view. Learn how to build prototypes →
Prototypes have a hidden options menu bar. To access it, press and hold anywhere on the screen. The menu lets you:
- Switch between flow starting points
- Restart the prototype from the flow's starting frame
- View the file for the prototype
- Toggle hotspot hints
- Share the prototype link
- Exit the prototype and return to the Recent tab
Use the Mirror tab of the mobile app to view frames that are selected in the file on your desktop.
- View real-time edits to a frame on a mobile device
- Preview how assets in your design look scaled to a device screen
The Figma mobile app will work on either wi-fi or cellular data. You don't need to connect to the same wi-fi network to establish a connection between the two.
To mirror frames:
- Log into Figma and the Figma mobile app using the same login details.
- Open the file you want to mirror on your desktop.
- From the file on your desktop, select a top-level frame you want to mirror. You must select a frame to mirror to a mobile device.
- On your mobile device, navigate to the Mirror tab of the Figma mobile app.
- The Figma mobile app will display the selected frame, scaled to the width of the device you are previewing it on.
If the frame you selected is part of a prototype, you can interact with with any connected frames.
Tip! If your mobile device isn't supported by the Figma mobile app, you can mirror prototypes using a mobile browser ↓
You can preview any design on your mobile by opening a prototype link in your mobile browser. This will allow you to navigate through any prototyping connections.
Figma displays your designs inside a regular browser window, so the browser's header and footer will still be visible. To replicate an in-app experience without an address bar, we recommend using the Figma mobile app.
You can only interact with prototypes on mobile devices using hotspots. Using the browser back action isn't supported on mobile devices.
- Copy the prototype link from the browser's address bar in presentation view. Or click Share in the toolbar, then Copy link.
- On your mobile device, click on the link to open the prototype, or paste the URL in your mobile browser.
- Figma will scale the prototype to your display. You can now interact with the prototype using any hotspots.
Note: If you are sharing your prototype via public link access, anyone with the link will be able to view your prototype. If the file isn't shared via public link access, you will only need a free Figma account to view the file. Share prototypes →
You can also mirror frames via the browser. We recommend this approach if your device isn't supported by the mobile app or you want to preview designs in a web browser.
- Open the file you want to preview in the Figma desktop app, or in a browser window.
- Visit figma.com/mirror from the mobile browser on your device.
- Log in using the same account details and the desktop app or browser.
- From the file on your desktop, select a top-level frame you want to mirror. You must select a frame from your desktop to mirror to a mobile device.
- Figma will display the selected frame in the mobile browser.
If you are having trouble using the Figma mobile app, we recommend the following:
- Make sure you're using a supported device.
- Make sure you have selected a top-level frame to mirror to your mobile device.
- Make sure you're logged into both the desktop version and Figma mobile app under the same account. You may need to log out and sign in again to confirm.
- If you're running into issues while previewing, you may need to force quit the app and restart it on your device.
- If problems persist, we recommend uninstalling the app and downloading it again. Find the Figma mobile app in the Apple App Store or Google Play Store.
- If you're still having issues, get help from the Figma Support team.
Visit the Figma Forum to ask questions, share feedback, and connect with the Figma community!