If you have
can edit access to a file, you can manage libraries that are available that file. This enables the library for everyone with
can edit access to the file.
People will still need to have view access to the library to be able to use styles and components from that library.
Note: If you're in a Starter team, you can only access styles from shared libraries. You can copy and paste components between files to reuse them or upgrade to a Professional team.
Manage libraries in a design file:
- Open the Assets panel in the left sidebar.
- Click the Library icon.
- View a list of available libraries in the library modal. Every library corresponds to a file with published styles and components.
- Click the library name to view the styles and components in that library.
- Use the toggles to enable or disable that library in the current file:
- Library on:
- Library off:
- Click to return to the canvas.
Access styles and components
When you make a library available in a design file, you can access assets from that library in the sidebars.
- Drag components into the canvas from the Assets panel in the left sidebar. Click to select variants of a component. Add components to your designs →
- Find and apply styles using the style pickers in the right sidebar. Apply styles in Figma design →