Before you start
Who can use this feature
Available on any team or plan.
Anyone with can edit access to the file can adjust prototype settings.
Access prototype settings
To access prototype settings:
- Deselect any objects by clicking an empty part of the canvas.
- Select the Prototype tab in the right sidebar.
- Device: Customize the device type, orientation, and model used in presentation view.
- Background: Set the background color when playing prototypes in presentation view.
- Flows: View and manage prototype flows on the current page. Learn more about prototype flows →
Use Device settings to to place your prototype in a realistic container. You’ll see the device container when you play your prototype using inline preview or presentation view.
Figma has a number of popular device presets. The dimensions of your prototype frames will define what options are available.
Frame preset: If you used a frame preset, Figma will select a device that matches that preset. You can select another device if desired. For example, if you use the iPhone 15 Pro Max frame preset, Figma will select the iPhone 15 Pro Max as the device too.
- Presentation view: All device type frame presets are available
- Inline preview: Only mobile device (phone, watch, and tablet) frame presets are available
- Custom Size (Fit): A custom size automatically scales the design, so that it fits within the screen you are viewing the prototype on. Only applicable in presentation view—if you select Custom size, you won’t see a device when playing a prototype in inline preview.
- Presentation (Full): Displays the prototype at a size that allows it to be displayed on the screen in its entirety. Only applicable in presentation view—if you select Presentation, you won’t see a device when playing a prototype in inline preview.
Control the orientation of the device in presentation view. Choose from:
Note: It's not possible to switch between orientations within a prototype. This is something to bear in mind if you have frames in your prototype across both orientations.
Depending on the device you selected, you can specify a certain model. For example, the iPhone 15 Pro Max comes in four different colors.
View a preview of how the device will look in presentation view.
Choose a custom background color to appear behind your selected device in presentation view.
For example, you might set the background to a neutral color to help users focus on the content, or use a brand color for extra polish.