Before you Start
Who can use this feature
Supported on any team or plan.
You need to have at least Can view access to a file to duplicate it. Viewers can't duplicate files if the Allow viewers to copy, share, and export from this file settings is disabled.
Your access to the file or project determines where the copy will live in your file browser:
- Can view: If you can only view the file, you will be able to send a duplicate copy of the file to your drafts. You can edit it in your drafts, or move it into a team project which you have can edit access to.
- Can edit: If you have edit access to the file, or the project its located in, Figma will create a copy of that file in its current location. You can edit it there, move it your drafts, or move it to another team or project.
Want to duplicate a file from the Community? Learn how to use files from the Community →
There are a few places you can duplicate a file:
Duplicate the file from anywhere in the file browser.
- Right-click on the file in the file browser.
- Select Duplicate from the options.
- Figma will prefix the new file's name with
Copy of, so you can distinguish between the original and the duplicate.
Duplicate a file from the Editor when viewing a file.
- Click on an empty spot in the canvas or use the keyboard shortcut to deselect any layers.
- Click file name to open the file menu.
- Select Duplicate. If you only have view access to the file or project, you will see Duplicate to drafts here instead.
- Figma will create a copy of the file based on your access and the original file's location.
You can also duplicate a File by adding
/duplicateto the end of the file. This only works when you are viewing the full file URL.
If you have a specific frame or layer selected, you will need to remove that ID from the URL before adding the duplicate. For example: