Before you Start
Who can use this feature
Users on Any Plan can use Email and In App notifications.
Users with Edit access to a File can create and edit Components.
Only users on Professional plans can use Slack notifications. Users on Starter, Education, or Figma Organization Plans cannot use the Slack Integration.
Notifications help keep you in loop with what's happening in your Figma account. Figma will send notifications for the following activity:
- Permissions: Invites to a File, Project or Team
- Permissions: You're made an Editor or Admin on a File, Project or Team
- Comments: New comments or replies on a File you're contributing to
- Comments: Any time someone @mentions you in a File
- Community: A Figma user likes or installs a Plugin you've published
- Community: A Figma user likes or duplicates a File you've published
You can view and adjust your notification settings across a few different channels.
In Figma Notifications
You can view your Notifications in Figma from the File Browser.
You can find the notification bell next to your name, in the top-left corner of the screen. If you have a new notification, we display a blue dot over the bell:
From the Notification modal, you can view a list of your last 50 notifications. You can also:
- Accept or Decline invitations
- Click on the notification to open the relevant file or resource
- Click the Mark all as read link to clear any unread notifications
Note: It's not possible to disable these type of notifications. We have designed these notifications to be unobtrusive, so you can check these on your own terms.
You can determine if you would like to receive notifications for new comments.
This will alert you via email to any comments collaborators have made on your Files.
You can enable or disable these settings at any time:
- Scroll down to the Notifications section.
- To enable, check the box next to Activity from other users to enable.
- To disable, uncheck the box next to Activity from other users.
You will continue to receive emails for any @mentions, even if you have disabled them.
Tip! You can also enable or disable comment notifications by File. Check out our Give Feedback with Comments article for more information.
Connect Slack to your Figma Account using our Slack integration. This allows you to receive notifications in Slack when a team member comments on a Project's File.
- Notifications will include both the File name and the Team Member's name. There's isn't currently a way to customize what information is included.
- Notifications are set at a Figma Project level. You can only set one channel per Project.
- You can send notifications to Public or Private Slack channels. Send notifications to the Slackbot channel to create your own personal notification stream.
- You can have notifications from more than one Project feed into a single channel.
Note: Only users on Professional plans can use Slack notifications. Users on Starter, Education or Figma Organization Plans cannot use Slack notifications.