Who can use this feature
Supported on any team or plan
Team owners, admins, and editors can remove team members or adjust their access
If someone leaves your company - or doesn't need access to your projects any more - you can remove them from your team. You can also remove people who aren't members of the team, but have access to team files or project.
Transfer ownership of files and projects
When you remove a team member, Figma will transfer the ownership of any team projects or files to the team owner. This doesn't include any files the member has in their drafts.
Only the current owner of a resource can transfer ownership. If you want to assign ownership to another member, the team owner can do this once the member is removed. Or, you can ask the member to transfer ownership before you remove them.
When you remove a collaborator, Figma will revoke their team permissions and access to files and projects.
Note: If they are the current owner of the team, they will need to transfer ownership of the team to another member before you can remove them.
Remove team access
Remove the member's access to the team. This removes their ability to access team resources, and any inherited access to team files and projects.
If a member has access to individual files and projects, Figma will remove the collaborator from those resources too.
- Select the team in the sidebar to open the team workspace.
- Select Members at the top of the page.
- Click next to the member in the list.
- Select Remove from the options.
Remove files and project access
The members tab includes anyone who has can edit permissions on a team file or project. This can include people who don't have a role on the team itself.
To remove their access you need to remove them from those individual files and projects.
- If a member doesn't have team-level permissions, Figma will show you how many files they have
Can editaccess to instead. Hover over the i icon to view their current edit access:
- Click See edit access to open the access modal and view files and projects they can edit.
- View and manage their access to files and projects:
- Click project name to open the project, decide if they need edit access and adjust their permissions on the project. Adjust project permissions →
- Click file name to open the share modal for that file. You can decide if they need edit access and adjust their permissions on that file. Adjust file permissions →
- If you don't want to remove their access entirely, you can update their role to remove them from the team's subscription. Manage team permissions and roles →