Who can use this feature
Supported on the Organization and Enterprise plans
Only organization admins can configure SSO.
If you are using Google Workspaces to manage your company email, you have two approaches available for authentication.
- Google SSO: Use Google's traditional single sign on (SSO) process. This allows members to log in using their Google managed email address and password.
- Google SAML SSO: If you use SAML and SCIM with Google Workspace, you can set up a custom SAML SSO configuration with Figma.
Google SSO and SAML SSO only to members of the organization. Guests can log in with their external email address and a password.
You can enable Google SSO in your Figma Organization. Members must use the Log in with Google option to log in using their Google-managed company email and password.
- Select Members must sign in with a Google Account to make Google SSO mandatory.
- Select Members may log in with any method, including email and password to make Google SSO optional.
Note: You can disable this requirement at any time, if required. Return to this page and select Members may sign in with any available method, including email and password instead. You will need to update your authentication method to this setting, if you want make changes to your SAML SSO or SCIM settings.
Google SAML SSO
Google also supports both SAML SSO and SCIM configurations. If you want to use Google SAML SSO and SCIM with Figma, you will need to:
- Set up a custom app for Figma in GSuite (Google Support article)
- Decide if you want to make SAML SSO mandatory
- Set up a custom SAML configuration in Figma
Note: We've heard that there can be delays when setting up a custom SAML SSO app with Google. If you see a "Not a SAML app" error, or similar, we recommend trying again in a few hours. Google has some recommendations for common errors: Troubleshoot single sign-on (SSO).