Before you start
Who can use this feature
Users on Figma Organization Plan
Organization Admins can view member and guest activity.
Activity logs provide a record of how members and guests in your Organization are using and interacting with files and shared resources.
- View who is accessing, copying and sharing files.
- Track changes made to teams.
- Track changes made to team, project and file permissions.
- View actions taken by specific members.
- Monitor changes made by Organization Admins.
- Identify and prevent misuse of Organization resources.
View activity logs
Admins are able to access activity logs from the Organization's Admin Settings.
- Open Figma in the file browser
- Click Admin Settings under the Organization's name in the sidebar.
- Select Activity at the top of the page.
- Use the filters to view specific activity:
- Member: Enter an Organization member’s email address to view their activity.
- Date: Enter a start and end date to see results for a specific date range.
- Events: use the dropdown provided to select a specific type of event. Learn more about what Figma tracks.
- Team: Select a team to view activity within that specific team.
Export activity logs
If you want to keep a record of your activity logs, you can export them to CSV. There are a few dates in the CSV file. Here's how you can interpret those:
- Last active: The date and time the user was last active in Figma. This is not specific to edit actions and includes activity in the File Browser.
- Last edit: The date and time the user last took an edit action on a Figma file in the Organization space. This includes files in a user's Drafts.
- Last seen: The date and time the user last visited a Figma link.
At the moment, it's only possible to filter by date for an export. If you have applied any other filters, these won't be taken into account for the export.
- Enter a start and end date to see results for a specific date range.
- Click Request CSV at the top of the page:
- Figma will download a copy of your the activity log for that date range.
View member activity
You can also view the activity log for a specific member of the Organization. View a member's log from their record in the Members tab.
- Open Admin Settings > Members in Figma.
- Click and select View Activity Logs.
- Figma will open the Activity page with the member’s address entered.
- Use the Date, Event Type or Team fields and click Filter to filter the results further.
- Click the Export button to save a copy of the log as a CSV spreadsheet.
Activity log events
Figma will record the following information, for every event that is added to the Activity Log. Figma records and logs events for a maximum of 365 days.
- Date and time the event occurred (in UTC)
- IP address of the related user
- User's actor Id e.g. "John Appleseed" or ”Figma Support”
- A new file is created
- A file is viewed
- If you view a publicly accessible file
- A user deletes an existing file
- A file is moved between teams or projects
- A user views a Prototype
- A user exports content from a file
- A user duplicates a file
- A user's file permissions are changed
- A user's project permissions are changed
- Someone makes a file publicly accessible (link sharing)
- A user joins a team
- A user leaves a team
- A new team is created
- A team is deleted
- Any Admin or member logs in to or signs out of their Figma account.
Note: Figma doesn't record log in activities for guests of the Organization. Figma alsoe doesn't record when a member closes a browser window or exits Figma without logging out.
Figma also records the following Organization Admin events:
- An Organization Admin changes the Organization's membership settings, including changing the name, icon or any domains associated with the Organization.
- An Organization Admin changes the Organization's log in and authentication settings. For example: when you enable or enforce log in via SAML SSO.
- An Organization Admin updates a folder's sharing permissions.
- An Organization Admin removes a member from the Organization.