Before you start
Who can use this feature
Users on Figma Organization Plan
Organization Admins can view and export Activity Logs
Activity logs provide a record of how users in your Organization are using and interacting with files and shared resources.
- View who is accessing, copying and sharing files.
- Track changes made to teams.
- Track changes made to team, project and file permissions.
- View actions taken by specific members.
- Monitor changes made by Organization Admins.
- Identify and prevent misuse of Organization resources.
View Activity Logs
Admins are able to access Activity Logs from the Admin Console.
- In the File Browser, click on the Organization name to open the Admin Console.
- In the General tab, click View Activity logs link:
- The Activity Logs page will load. By default, you can see all activity for the Last 365 days.
- At the top of the page you can filter the Activity Log by a number of different variables:
- Member: Enter an Organization member’s email address to view their activity.
- Date: Enter a start and end date to see results for a specific date range.
- Events: use the dropdown provided to select a specific type of event. Learn more about what we track.
- Team: Select a team to view activity within that specific team.
- Once any relevant filters are applied, click the Filter button to view the results.
Export Activity Logs
If you want to keep a record of your Activity Logs, you can export them to CSV.
At the moment, it's only possible to filter by date for an export. If you have applied any other filters, these won't be taken into account for the export.
- Enter a start and end date to see results for a specific date range.
- Click the Export button.
- Figma will download a copy of your Activity Logs for the date range you selected.
There are a few dates in the CSV file. Here's how you can interpret those:
- Last active: The date and time the user was last active in Figma. This is not specific to edit actions and includes activity in the File Browser.
- Last edit: The date and time the user last took an edit action on a Figma file in the Organization space. This includes files in a user's Drafts.
- Last seen: The date and time the user last visited a Figma link.
View member activity
You can also view the Activity Log for a specific member of the Organization.
- Open the Admin Console and go to the Members tab.
- Hover over the member so the three dot menu appears, then select View Activity Logs:
- Figma will open the Activity Log page with that member’s email address populated.
- Use the Date, Event Type or Team fields and click Filter to filter the results further.
- Click the Export button to save a copy of the log as a CSV spreadsheet.
Activity log events
Figma will record the following information, for every event that is added to the Activity Log. Figma records and logs events for a maximum of 365 days.
- Date and Time the event occurred (in UTC)
- IP address of the related user
- User's Actor ID e.g. "John Appleseed" or ”Figma Support”
- A new file is created
- A file is viewed
- If you view a publicly accessible file
- A user deletes an existing file
- A file is moved between teams or projects
- A user views a Prototype
- A user exports content from a file
- A user duplicates a file
- A user's file permissions are changed
- A user's project permissions are changed
- Someone makes a file publicly accessible (link sharing)
- A user joins a team
- A user leaves a team
- A new team is created
- A team is deleted
- Any Admin or member logs in to or signs out of their Figma account.
Note: Figma won't record when a member closes a browser window or exits Figma without signing out. Figma doesn't record login activities for Guests of the Organizataio.
Figma also records the following Organization Admin events:
- An Organization Admin changes the Organization's membership settings, including changing the name, icon or any domains associated with the Organization.
- An Organization Admin changes the Organization's log in and authentication settings. For example: when you enable or enforce log in via SAML SSO.
- An Organization Admin updates a folder's sharing permissions.
- An Organization Admin removes a member from the Organization.