Before you start
Who can use this feature
Users on Figma Organization Plan
Users with Admin access can view and export an Organization's Activity Logs.
Activity logs provide a record of how users in your Organization are using and interacting with files and shared resources.
This allows you to:
- View who is accessing, copying and sharing Files.
- Track changes made to Teams.
- Track changes made to Team, Project and File Permissions.
- View actions taken by specific Members.
- Monitor changes made by Organization Admins.
- Identify and prevent misuse of Organization Resources.
View and Access Activity Logs
Admins are able to access Activity Logs from the Admin Console.
- Open the Admin Console by clicking on the Organization name in the top-left corner and clicking on the settings cog.
- In the General tab, click the View Activity logs link.
- The Activity Logs page will load. By default, you can see all activity for the Last 365 days.
- At the top of the page you can filter the Activity Log by a number of different variables:
- Member: Enter a Member’s email address.
- Date: Enter a specific date range to search within.
- Event Type: use the dropdown provided to select a specific event.
- Team: by selecting the Team from the field provided.
- Once any relevant filters are applied, click the Filter button to view the results.
View a Member's Activity
You can also view the Activity Log for a specific Member.
- Open the Admin Console and go to the Members tab.
- Hover over the Member so the three dots appear.
- Click the View Activity Logs link in the pop up:
- This will open the Activity Log, with that Member’s email address already populated.
Figma will record the following information, for every event that is added to the Activity Log. These events are recorded and logged for a maximum 365
- Date and Time the event occurred (in UTC)
- IP address of the related user
- User's Actor ID e.g. "John Appleseed" or ”Figma Support”
- Any Admin or Member explicitly Signs in or Signs out of their Figma account. Note: This won't record when they close the browser or exit Figma without signing out. Guest logins are not recorded.
- A new file is created
- A file is viewed
- If you view a publicly accessible file
- A user deletes an existing file
- A file is moved between teams or projects
- A user views a Prototype
- A user exports content from a file
- A user duplicates a file
- A user's File permissions are changed
- A user's Project permissions are changed
- You make a file publicly accessible
- A user joins a team
- A user leaves a team
- A new team is created
- A team is deleted
Figma also records the following Account Admin events:
- Changes to the group's membership, including the Domain, Name and/or Icon.
- Any time you update the Organization's login restrictions. For example: when you enforce SAML/SSO.
- When you update a folder's sharing permissions.
- When you remove a User from the Organization.