Who can use this feature
Supported on the Organization and Enterprise plans
Only organization admins can view member and guest activity.
Activity logs provide a record of how members and guests of your organization are using and interacting with files and shared resources.
- See who is accessing, copying and sharing files.
- Track changes made to teams.
- Track changes made to team, project and file permissions.
- View actions taken by specific members.
- Monitor changes to organization-level settings (made by organization admins).
- Identify and prevent misuse of any organization resources.
View activity logs
Organization admins are able to access activity logs in the Activity tab of the organization's Admin settings.
- Open the organization in Figma
- In the sidebar, select Admin settings under the Organization name:
- Click the Activity header at the top of the screen to open the activity log:
- Use the fields to filter results by your desired criteria. Choose from:
- Member: Enter a person’s email address to view any events they have performed, as well as any events that are applied to them by someone else.
- Date: Enter a start and end date to see results for a specific date range.
- Events: use the dropdown provided to select a specific type of event. Explore events ↓
- Team: Select a team to view activity within that specific team.
Tip! Admins can also view recent activity for a specific member or guest in the Members tab. If they click to see more activity, Figma will open the Activity tab with that person's email address already populated.
Activity log events
Figma records and logs events for a maximum of 365 days. You'll see or every event in the activity log, Figma will record the following information, for every event that is added to the Activity Log.
- They type of event that occurred.
- The team member's name and email address. This could be the person taking the action, or the person the event is applied to.
- Date and time the event occurred. All times are shown in Coordinated Universal Time (UTC).
- Product the event is related to, if relevant.
- The Team the event is related to, if relevant.
- IP address of the related team member
- Members signed in or signed out
Note: Figma doesn't record any log in activities for guests of the organization. Figma also doesn't track when a member closes a browser window or exits Figma without logging out.
- Created a file
- Duplicated a file
- Exported a file
- File link access changed
- Viewer permissions changed
- File membership changed
- Moved a file
- Permanently deleted a file
- Restored a file
- Renamed a file
- Saved a file
- Trashed a file
- Viewed a file
- Viewed a prototype
- Created a branch
- Merged a branch
- Updated a branch
- Archived a branch
- Unarchived a branch
- Deleted a branch
- Created a project
- Deleted a project
- Project membership changed
- Moved a project
- Renamed a project
- Change the team access of a project
- Created a team
- Deleted a team
- Restored a team
- Team membership changed
- Renamed a tea
- Changed the org access of a team
- Changed the workspace of a team
- Org merged
- Org membership changed
- Upgrade requests and activity
- Org role changed
- Exported the members list
- Requested to join the org
- Org join request approved
- Org invite created
- SCIM token generated
- SCIM token revoked
- Changed guest invite setting
- Changed open sessions setting
- Changed public link setting
- Changed default role
- Added workspace admins
- Removed workspace admins
- Created a workspace
- Deleted a workspace
- Renamed a workspace
- Changed a user’s workspace
- User selected their own workspace
- File published, updated, or deleted
- Plugin published, updated, or deleted
Events related to login and authentication:
- Signed in with email and password
- Signed in with Google
- Signed in with SAML
- Signed out
- Plugin published
- Plugin updated
- Plugin deleted
- Plugin approve list setting changed
- Approve list plugins changed
- Install plugins org-wide
- User joined audio call
- Personal access token created
- Personal access token deleted
- App connected
- App disconnected
Export activity logs
You can export a copy of your activity logs, which includes all the data in your activity logs. This is great if you want to back up this information or dig further into events.
When you request a CSV export, Figma will ignore any filters you've applied and export your entire activity log for the selected date range.
- Enter a start and end date to see results for a specific date range.
- Click Request CSV in the top-right corner of the screen. Figma will email you the activity log for download when it is ready.