View and export activity logs
Who can use this feature
Supported on the Organization and Enterprise plans
Only organization admins can view member and guest activity.
Activity logs provide a record of how members and guests interact with organization files and resources.
- See when people access, copy, and share files.
- Track any changes made to team administration and settings.
- Track any changes made to team, project and file permissions.
- View actions taken by specific members.
- Track changes made by organization admin to organization-level settings.
- Identify and prevent misuse of any organization resources.
Monitor security at scale with the Activity Logs API. On the Enterprise plan, organization admins can use the Activity Logs API to protect their organization’s creative work. Use this API to identify anomalous events faster, build an internal application, and create security rules.
View activity logs
Access activity logs in the Activity tab of the organization's Admin settings.
- Open the organization in Figma.
- In the sidebar, select Admin settings.
- Click Activity at the top of the screen:
- Use the fields to filter results by your desired criteria. Choose from:
- Member: Enter an email address to view any events related to that person. These can be actions they have taken, or actions taken by someone else that apply to them.
- Date: Enter a start and end date to see results for a specific date range.
- Events: Select a specific type of event. Explore tracked events ↓
- Team: Select a team to view activity within that specific team.
Note: Admins can also view recent activity for a specific member or guest in the Members tab. If they click to see more activity, Figma will open the Activity tab with that person's email address already populated.
Activity log events
Activity log events are available for the last year, a maximum of 365 days. For every event in the activity log, you'll see:
- The type of event that took place.
- The team member's name and email address. This could be the person that took the action, or the person the event applies to.
- Date and time the event occurred. All times are shown in Coordinated Universal Time (UTC).
- Product the event relates to, if applicable.
- The Team the event relates to, if applicable.
- IP address of the related team member.
- Members signed in or signed out
Note: Figma doesn't record any log in activities for guests of the organization. Figma also doesn't track when a member closes a browser window or exits Figma without logging out.
- Created a file
- Duplicated a file
- Exported a file
- File link access changed
- Viewer permissions changed
- File membership changed
- Moved a file
- Permanently deleted a file
- Restored a file
- Renamed a file
- Saved a file
- Trashed a file
- Viewed a file
- Viewed a prototype
- Created a branch
- Merged a branch
- Updated a branch
- Archived a branch
- Unarchived a branch
- Deleted a branch
- Created a project
- Deleted a project
- Project membership changed
- Moved a project
- Renamed a project
- Change the team access of a project
- Created a team
- Deleted a team
- Restored a team
- Team membership changed
- Renamed a tea
- Changed the org access of a team
- Changed the workspace of a team
- Org merged
- Org membership changed
- Upgrade requests and activity
- Org role changed
- Exported the members list
- Requested to join the org
- Org join request approved
- Org invite created
- SCIM token generated
- SCIM token revoked
- Changed guest invite setting
- Changed open sessions setting
- Changed public link setting
- Changed default role setting
- Added workspace admins
- Removed workspace admins
- Created a workspace
- Deleted a workspace
- Renamed a workspace
- Changed a user’s workspace
- User selected their own workspace
- File published, updated, or deleted
- Plugin published, updated, or deleted
Events related to login and authentication:
- Signed in with email and password
- Signed in with Google
- Signed in with SAML
- Signed out
- Plugin published
- Plugin updated
- Plugin deleted
- Plugin approve list setting changed
- Approve list plugins changed
- Install plugins org-wide
- User joined audio call
- Personal access token created
- Personal access token deleted
- App connected
- App disconnected
Export activity logs
You can export a copy of your activity logs, which includes all the data in your activity logs. This is great if you want to back up this information or dig further into events.
Figma exports your data in CSV (Comma Separated Values) format. You can import this data into a tool or application of your choosing.
When you request a CSV export Figma ignores any filters you’ve applied. This means the export will include all events within the date range you selected.
- Enter a start and end date to limit results to a specific date range.
- Click Request CSV in the top-right corner of the screen.
- Figma will email you the activity log in CSV format.