Who can use this feature
Supported on the Figma Organization plan
Any member can publish a library to the team or the organization. Members need can edit access to a file to publish it.
Only organization admins can choose which libraries are available to all teams in the organization.
New to components and libraries? Guide to libraries in Figma →
Styles and components live in the files you created them in. To access and reuse these in other files, you can publish them to a library. This allows you to maintain a consistent brand and style, at scale.
In an organization, you can publish libraries to a team in the organization, or share them with the entire organization. This makes styles and components available in all organization files.
Choose who can use a library using the file's link sharing settings. Publish a library to a specific team, or share with the organization to make it available to all teams.
You can set a file's link sharing settings when you first publish the library, or when you publish an update.
- Open the file in the editor.
- Open the Assets panel in the left sidebar.
- Click the to open the Library modal.
- Click Publish next to the Current file.
- Enter a summary of your changes in the field provided. This description will appear in the file's version history.
- Check the box next to Allow any member of
organization nameto access. Leave unchecked to publish to the team only.
- Click the Publish button to confirm.
Every time you publish a library, Figma will add a checkpoint to the file's version history. You can identify these events with the icon.
Choose default libraries
Encourage adoption of your design system by enabling default component and style libraries. When you enable a library in an organization, the library is available to all teams in organization workspace.
Those styles and components are available to all members by default. To allow guests to use these styles and components, you need to invite them to the associated file.
Tip! Track how members of your organization are using components with design system analytics. Learn more about library analytics →
Organization admins can remove libraries at an organization. To prevent all members from using these styles and components, you need to unpublish the file and update the file's link sharing settings.
Update link sharing
Adjust the file's link sharing settings to prevent members of the organization from finding and using the file. Share files in an organization →
You can do just this step to remove the library from organization members, while keeping it published to a specific team.
- Click the Share button in the menu bar.
- Click the next to the existing link access. This will be set to Anyone at
- Select Only people invited to this file from the options.
- Members of the organization won't be able to access the file. The file will still be available to any members of the team, or anyone with a role the file.
Unpublish the library
Unpublish the library to remove members access to the library. This removes the library at an organization-level, as well as a team-level.
- Open the file you want to remove.
- Open the Assets panel in the left sidebar and click the library icon.
- In the Library modal, click on the library in the Current file.
- Click the Unpublish button at the bottom of the modal:.
- Click Remove file from library to confirm.
- Figma will return you to the file. The status bar will indicate that Figma has removed the file from the library.