Before you Start
Who can use this feature
Users on Any plan can add images to their designs
Users with Edit access to a File can add images
Place Image allows you to import Images in bulk. You can then choose exactly where you'd like to place each Image. As Figma treats Images as Fills, this allows you to place images within existing objects.
You can access the Place Image feature from a number of places:
- From the main menu, by searching for
- From the Shape Tools in the menu bar:
- Using the keyboard shortcuts:
A window will open which allows you to select your images. Select the images you'd like to use and click Open:
Figma will show the Place Image cursor - a plus symbol - along with a thumbnail of the first image. If you have selected multiple images, a badge will show how many Images you have left to place:
You then have a few options:
- Click on an area in the Canvas to add an image to those co-ordinates. Figma will add the image to the Canvas at its original dimensions:
- Click and drag to define the dimensions of the image. This allows you to add the image with dimensions that are different to the original.
- Select an existing object on the Canvas. This will apply the image to that object as a Fill with the Fill mode set to Fit:
- Select Place All in the menu bar to add all images to the Canvas at once.
Repeat the process for any remaining images. Use the Discard All button in the menu bar to discard any images that haven't been placed.
Having issues loading images? Learn about the most common image loading issues and how to fix them.