Before you start
Who can use this feature
Supported on any team or plan.
Anyone with can edit access to a file can add images
You can apply an image to an existing shape via the color picker. You will need to have the image downloaded to your computer to upload it.
Note: Images must be uploaded as PNG, JPG, TIFF, or HEIC files.
Upload an image
- Select or create the shape in the canvas.
- Click on the Fill swatch in the right sidebar. This will open the color picker.
- Click on the Fill mode and select Image from the options:
- A placeholder image of black and white checks will be applied to the shape. Click the Choose image button in the preview:
- Select the image from your computer and click Open to apply.
- The image will be added to your shape as a Fill.
Tip! We display static images as image and animated GIFs as GIF in the Fill section of the right sidebar.
Replace image fills
If you already have an image applied to a shape as a fill, you can replace the image you've used.
This will keep any fill mode settings you've applied, including any cropping or positioning.
There are a few ways to do this:
- Drag the image file over the image preview in the Fill modal:
- Drag the image file over the Fill in the right sidebar: