Maze allows you to test your Figma prototype with real users. Gain insight and build better products with usability metrics and valuable feedback.
Use Maze to:
- Run usability testing on Figma prototypes
- Create missions for users to complete
- A/B test designs to compare performance
- Get quantitative data like success rates, misclick rates, and duration.
- Review heatmaps for each screen in your prototype
- Ask follow-up questions with scales or open-ended questions
- Find the best user flow for your designs
- Run in-person tests using a single device
How it works
Maze uses your Figma prototype's share link to create a new project in Maze. Maze will need read-only access to all your Figma Files to import the information needed to create a user test.
Import a Prototype from Figma
- From your File, click the play icon to enter presentation mode.
- Click the Share Prototype button in the menu bar. This will open the Sharing modal for the Prototype.
- Adjust the Link Sharing Discovery settings to Anyone with the link.
- Click Copy link to copy the prototype's URL to your clipboard.
Learn more about sharing Figma prototypes.
- Log in to Maze and open the Projects dashboard.
- Paste the link to your Figma prototype.
- Click + New Project.
Visit the Maze Help Center for more on creating user tests.
Test a Prototype in Maze
Once you have imported a Figma prototype to Maze, it’s time to start testing.
- Create a maze with blocks of missions and questions. Learn more about the type of blocks you can use in the Maze Help Center.
- Click Start testing in the top menu.
- Copy and Share the maze URL with people to get results.
- Access your results and report.
Update the Prototype in Maze
If you make changes to a prototype in Figma, you’ll need to update the prototype in Maze as well. You can either create a new maze with the updated prototype or refresh the prototype in an existing maze.
Create a new maze
- Open the current Maze project based on the previous version of the prototype.
- Click the Import new prototype version in the Draft maze column on the left.
- Maze will create a new draft test based on the latest version of the prototype.
Update an existing maze
If you’ve already started creating your Maze test, you can update the prototype from the creation dashboard.
- Open the current Maze test you’ve been working on.
- Click Refresh my prototype to update the Figma prototype in Maze.
Disconnect Maze from Figma
If you want to remove the Maze integration, or remove access, you can do so in your Figma account Settings.
- Click on your name to open your account and select the Settings tab.
- Scroll down to the Connected Apps section.
- Click Revoke access next to the Maze application.