Text is one of the crucial components of interface design. Picking the right font can help determine the legibility and appeal of your design.
When editing text, fonts can be applied to:
- All text within a text layer
- A number of selected text layers
- A string of text within a text layer
When applying fonts, you can search for a font by name or use the filter options to browse font collections:
- Search: Use this field to search the font list by name.
- All fonts: Will show all fonts that are available to you, including local fonts, shared fonts, and those provided by Figma.
- In this file: Fonts used in the current file
- Popular: A list of commonly used fonts, curated by Figma
- Used at [your organization]: Shared fonts uploaded by your organization
- Installed by you: Local fonts you have installed to your computer
- Google fonts: Fonts available via Google fonts in Figma
- Variable fonts: All fonts that have at least one variable font axis
Browse and apply fonts
Browse and apply fonts from the Text section in the right sidebar:
- Select a text layer, or some text within the layer, in order to adjust its properties.
- The current font is displayed at the top of the Text section. Click the font name to open up the font picker.
- Search or select a font from the list, or click All fonts to select a filter.
- Click to close the window and return to the canvas.
Figma will remember the last font filter used per session.