Before you start
Who can use this feature
Supported on the Figma Organization plan.
Only organization admins can install or uninstall plugins for the entire organization
If you are an organization admin, you can install plugins for the entire organization. When you install a plugin for everyone in the organization, Figma will:
- Install the plugin for every member of the organization. It's not possible to install plugins for a specific team or group of members.
- Make the plugin available in the editor.
- If you have the approve list enabled, Figma will also add the plugin to the approve list. Learn more about approved plugins →
Browse plugins as an organization admin
To install plugins for the entire organization, you need to access the Community as an organization admin. Use the Browse as admin setting from anywhere in the Community to switch to the admin profile.
In the navigation bar, click Browse Community using... Figma will show you a list of profiles available under your current account.
Select the profile you want to browse as - admin profiles have a badge next to them!
You'll see a blue banner letting you know that you're browsing under the organization profile:
Install plugin for the organization
- Find the plugin you'd like to install.
- Click Install to install the plugin for everyone in the organization.
- The plugin will show as Installed on the plugin listing. You can also see the plugin in the Installed by
organizationsection of your installed plugin list.
Uninstall for everyone
If you are an organization admin, you can also uninstall plugins for members. This will remove plugins for every member of the organization.
Individual members can still install the plugin, if they want to keep using the plugin. To prevent organization members from installing a plugin, you need to use the Approve plugins setting.
As an organization admin, you can only uninstall plugins from your plugin settings, or from the Community.
- Open the plugin listing in the Community.
- Hover over the Installed button.
- Click Uninstall to uninstall the plugin for the organization.
You can also uninstall plugins for the organization, from your account.
- Open Figma in the file browser.
- Click your account in the top-right corner and select Plugins.
- Click next to the plugin you want to remove:
- Click Uninstall to confirm you'd like to uninstall the plugin for everyone in the organization.