Organizations often have internal tools and systems, with private information or data, that can't be shared outside the organization.
Private plugins allows members of the organization to use organization-specific plugins, without having to share them with the rest of the Community.
- Any member of an organization can make and share a private plugin.
- Only team admins can publish plugins to the team's Community profile.
- Only organization admins can share publish plugins to the organization's Community profile.
Publish private plugins
When publishing a plugin, you can use the Publish to setting to choose whether to publish the plugin to the organization or the Community. Private plugins don't need to go through the review process before they are available to use.
Open the file browser in the Figma desktop app.
Click on the account switcher in the top-right corner and select the Plugins tab. Figma will load any plugins you have In development.
Click on the plugin you'd like to publish and select Publish from the options.
Complete any details including the name, icon, cover art, and description.
Organization nameto share the plugin privately within the organization.
Click Publish to submit your plugin. The plugin is now available to members of your organization. Guests aren't able to access install or run private plugins.
Only the plugin's original publisher can change the plugin's access. They can update this setting by publishing an update to the plugin.
Update the Publish to setting to change who can access the plugin. If you're changing a plugin from private to public, it will need to go through Figma's plugin review process.
If the original publisher has left the organization and you need to transfer ownership of a private plugin, contact the Figma Support team.
View private plugins
To find and install plugins that are private to your organization:
- Open Figma in the File browser.
Organization namein the sidebar.
- Select the Plugins header at the top of the page.
- Browse through any plugins that are private to your organization.
- Click the ↓ Install button to add the plugin to your account.