Who can use this feature
Supported on Organization and Enterprise plans.
Only organization admins can grant admin access to members.
Organization admins are members with extra administrative rights within the organization. Grant a member admin access to upgrade them to an organization admin.
They can view and adjust member and guest roles, view and manage the organization's billing, and adjust organization-wide settings. Admins in Figma →
You can only make members an admin, it's not possible to give a guest of the organization admin access. Members have an email address that matches an organization domain.
- Open the organization in Figma.
- Select Admin settings in the sidebar.
- Select Members from the menu bar.
- Click next to the member.
- Select Grant admin access.
View only admins
If you have admins that don't need edit access to teams and files, you can update their role to viewer-restricted. This will allow them to manage aspects of the organization without being included in the organization's billing.
- Use the search field to find the admin.
- In the Figma design role column, click and select Viewer - restricted to remove editor access to Figma design files.
- In the FigJam role column, click and select Viewer - restricted to remove editor access on FigJam files.