Who can use this feature
Supported on any team or plan
There are three different kinds of admins you can find in Figma. In this article, we’ll explore what actions each of these admins can take, and which plans they’re supported on.
Supported on: Starter Education Professional Organization Enterprise
Team admins manage members, permissions, libraries, and other settings for their team. Usually, Figma assigns the person who creates or upgrades a team as a team admin.
You can have as many team admins on a team as you need. Any existing team admin can give other team members admin access.
- Grant admin access to other team members
- Adjust permissions for team members
- Remove a person’s access to the team
- Manage default libraries for the team
- Update the team name and icon
- Set the handle for the team’s Community profile
- Delete team
- Restored deleted team
On the Professional plan, team admins also manage billing related tasks, like updating roles and confirming editor seats.
- Update design and FigJam roles (Professional plan only)
- View and manage team billing (Professional plan only)
- Upgrade team plan
- Update payment method
- Cancel subscription
- View and download invoices (Professional plan only)
Admins on the Professional plan: By default, admins have can edit access to team files and projects. This means they're included in your team's billing. If you want to give someone admin access to the team, without being able to edit files and projects, you can change their role to viewer-restricted.
Supported on: Enterprise plan only
Workspaces are groups of teams, people, and resources within an organization. They add another layer of structure within large organizations.
Workspace admins have a level of access below an organization admin. They can perform limited actions within the workspaces they manage.
Supported on: Organization Enterprise
Organization admins are members of an organization with extra administrative rights. They view and manage a whole host of administrative aspects of an organization.
This includes login and provisioning, access and security; libraries, fonts, and other resources; billing and more.
Organization teams support team permissions. This allows you to control how people in the organization can find and interact with individual teams.
While organization admins can manage organization-wide settings, they don’t have admin privileges on individual teams. Only team admins can manage resources in individual teams.
- Manage organization domains
- Adjust login and provisioning settings, including SAML SSO and SCIM
- Manage Figma design and FigJam roles for members and guests
- Remove people from the organization
- View all open, closed, and secret teams
- View and export organization activity
- Control access to products and features
- Control guest access and default roles (Enterprise plan only)
- Manage organization-wide resources, including libraries, fonts, plugins, and widgets
- Manage the organization’s Community presence
- Manage organization billing and true-ups