Who can use this feature
Supported on the Enterprise plan.
When the guest membership setting is set to require approval, admins need to accept new guests added or invited to the organization.
Guests only require approval when they first join the organization. Once accepted, guests can be invited to other resources in the organization without admin approval.
Who can accept guest requests
Only admins can accept new guests. Figma uses’s the inviter’s workspace, or the location of the file, to determine who gets the request.
- If the inviter is assigned to a workspace, or the file lives in a workspace, workspace admins can accept or ignore the request.
- If the inviter isn’t assigned to a workspace, or the file lives outside a workspace, an organization admin can accept or ignore the request
Admins can only accept or ignore the request. If a request is ignored, the guest won’t be able to send another request.
- Open email / in-app notification
- Click View request to review the request.
- View details about the request, including:
- Guest name and email address (matches their Figma account)
- Organization name
- Inviter's name, access level (view/edit), resource name
- Select Dismiss to ignore the request, or to add the guest via your identity provider.
- Select Add to accept the request.
Caution: If the guest has been invited to a file with edit access, this will update them to a paid editor role for that file type.
If the guest was invited to a team or a project, Figma will add them with an introductory viewer role on both Figma design and FigJam. They can upgrade themselves to a paid editor role by taking an upgrade action.