If you're working on revisions or iterations on a branch, you may want to share your progress with other designers and collaborators.
Everyone with access to the main file can view and explore branches of that file. You can also share branches with other collaborators to allow them to view or edit their contents.
Giving someone can view or can edit access to a branch also gives them view access to the main file.
There are a few ways to share branches.
Anyone with can view access to the main file can view any branches on that file.
- Click the next to the file/branch name in the toolbar.
- Select See all branches to open the branches modal.
- Select the branch to open it in the Editor.
Tip! You can tell if a file link is for a main file or a branch as all branches will include a
/branch/variable and a unique string for that branch.
Share a branch link and control access to the branch using link sharing.
- Open the branch.
- Click the Share button in the toolbar.
- Click the link sharing setting.
- Select Anyone with a link to allow anyone to access the file using the file link.
- Click Copy link to add the branch link to your clipboard.
Caution: The Allow viewers to copy, share, or export from the file setting must be enabled for viewers to create branches. If this is disabled, viewers won't see the option to create or edit branches.
Invite to branch
Invite a collaborator to the branch with specific permissions.
- Click the Share button in the top-right corner.
- Enter the collaborator's email in the email field.
- Click to adjust their permissions.
- Select can view to give them view-only access to files in that project.
- Select can edit to give them edit access to any files in that project.
- Click Send invite to send an email invitation to their address. If they're already using Figma, they'll get an in-app notification as well.
Tip! You can also copy a link to a branch from the branches modal. View and manage branches →