Figma's mission is to make design accessible to everyone. Our two products help people from different backgrounds and roles express their ideas visually and make things together.
- Figma design is for people to create, share, and test designs for websites, mobile apps, and other digital products and experiences. It is a popular tool for designers, product managers, writers and developers and helps anyone involved in the design process contribute, give feedback, and make better decisions, faster.
- FigJam lets you create online whiteboards where anyone can take part. People often use FigJam for meetings, brainstorms, diagrams, planning, and research. In FigJam, you can use text, shapes, drawings, images, sticky notes, and other elements to visually represent ideas and jam on work together.
You can create a free account and use both Figma design and FigJam for as long as you like.
What is the difference between Figma design and FigJam?
Figma design and FigJam are two products that, when used together, support your entire design process. While you might begin brainstorming and sketching your ideas in FigJam, when you're ready to start designing and then prototyping, you'd likely move over to Figma design.
Working in Figma design files and FigJam files looks very different. That's because these environments have different tools to support the kind of work you're doing.
Figma design files
Figma design files are powerful, collaborative environments where you turn your ideas into responsive and interactive designs. They're useful for creating and maintaining artifacts and assets, where detail and precision are of the utmost importance.
You can create multiple pages within a Figma design file, each with its own canvas.
- Access tools from the toolbar
- Add shapes, images, text, and other layers to the canvas
- Select layers and assets from the left sidebar
- View or adjust properties in the right sidebar
- Toggle rulers, guides, and the pixel grid for pixel-perfect precision
FigJam files are online whiteboards, approachable spaces where anyone can take part. They tap into the spontaneous, joyful nature of working together.
FigJam files have curated tools for exploration and discovery. They're great for meetings, brainstorms, diagrams, and research.
- Find settings and perform actions from the menu
- Select collaborative tools in the navigation bar
- Use the creation tools in the toolbar
- Connect in the moment with emotes, stamps, and spontaneous cursor chats
Why people use Figma
Figma is used by solo designers, as well as teams at the largest organizations in the world (and everything in between).
Multiple people can work on the same project at the same time, making it easy for everyone to collaborate and share feedback both asynchronously and in real-time.
You can use Figma in a browser, or in our desktop or mobile apps. Your work is always backed up so you don't need to save or create multiple versions.