Who can use this feature
Supported on the Organization and Enterprise plan.
Tip: New to creating teams? Check out our guide to Team, project, and file structure →
View teams in an organization
To view a list of teams in the organization:
- On the Organization plan, click on the name of your organization in the sidebar.
- On the Enterprise plan with workspaces enabled:
- Click on the name of your organization in the sidebar.
- Click on a workspace to view the teams inside.
Tip: Organization admins can also view a list of open and closed teams in Admin settings. Admins can join, request to join, or leave teams from the Teams tab.
Teams in a Figma organization have three access levels: open, closed, or secret.
- Open: members can browse the contents of every open team. When someone joins an open team, they get
can editpermissions by default. A team admin can change these default permissions.
- Closed: Members must ask for permission to join a closed team. They can request
- Secret: To join a secret team, members must be invited by an existing member.
Note: Guests can only view teams to which they are invited.
Joining a team in your organization adds the team to your sidebar and gives you access to available projects, files, and resources.
Join an open team
Every member can search, view, and join open teams.
By default, joining an open team gives a member
can edit permissions to the files in the team.
- Click on the name of your organization in the file browser.
- Navigate to the team you want to join and click on it.
- Click Join team at the top right of the page.
You can also join an open team if someone invites you to the team. You'll need to accept the invite from the email or notification.
Join a closed team
Any member can search for and find closed teams, but they can't view any files or projects within them.
Existing members can invite other collaborators to the closed team without admin approval. They can only invite collaborators with the same permission level or lower. For example: a viewer can only invite a viewer, but an editor can invite a viewer or editor.
Members can ask to join closed teams with
can view or
can edit access. A team admin needs to approve any requests before they can join the team.
- Click Request to join on the team card.
- Use the dropdown menu to choose
- Add any notes or information to give the team admin some context (optional).
- Click Request access.
- Figma will send a notification to every admin on that team. You can only access the team once an admin has approved your request.
If you don't need access to the team any more, or want to request a different level of permissions, click Cancel request on the team card.
Join a secret team
Secret teams are hidden from members of the organization.
To get access to a secret team, a current member of the team needs to invite you. Only admins and people with
can edit permissions can invite members or guests to secret teams.