Before you start
Who can use this feature
Users on any plan
You can share files from your Drafts or from projects in a team.
Every Figma file has a unique link or URL. File URLs allow you to access the file from any computer or device, or easily share it with collaborators.
This link will stay the same even if you update your link sharing settings or move the file to a new location. It's not possible to assign your own URL to a file, or generate a new one.
You can control over what level of access collaborators have using the link sharing settings.
Want to restrict who can copy, share, or export your File? You can turn off the Allow viewers to copy, share, and export from this file for each file.
This setting is only available to Education, Professional, and Organization Teams. To make a file that you've shared privately, you will need to remove any collaborators that joined via link sharing. Learn more about permissions in a team.
Link sharing settings
There are two components to link sharing settings:
Define how people can find your Files. Choose from:
- Anyone with the link
- Anyone at <Organization> with the link
- Anyone at Organization
- Only people invited to the File
Define what permissions collaborators have when they join a file via link sharing. Choose from:
- Can view (Viewer)
- Can edit (Editor)
- Can view prototypes only (only for teams on Professional or Organization plans)
Note: In an Organization, Figma sets your default link sharing settings to Anyone at Organization and can view. To allow collaborators outside the Organization to edit, you will need to give them an Editor role on the file. Learn more about sharing files in an Organization.
Update link sharing settings
Adjust the link sharing settings for each file using the share modal.
- Click the Share button in the file to open the share modal.
- Use the left arrow to choose how people can find and access your file.
- Use the right arrow to choose what level of access those collaborators will have.
- Click the edit icon to choose whether to Allow viewers to copy, share, and export from this file.
Share the link
You can copy and share the file URL from the share modal. Or, copy the link from the browser address bar if you're using Figma in the browser.
From the share modal:
- Click Copy Link to copy the URL to your clipboard.
- Click Get embed code to view the embed code. This will open a dialog with the embed code included. Click the Copy button to add the code to your clipboard.
- Check the box if you want the URL or embed code to Link to selected Frame.
Tip! You can also duplicate a File by adding
/duplicate to the end of the file's URL. If you have layers selected, you will need to remove the node string from the URL first:
?node-id=21%3A. Collaborators will still be able to view the original file via the fill URL.
Note: Figma will add anyone who views a file via the link as a collaborator. You can view their name and access level in the share modal. Figma doesn't track anyone who views the file and doesn't have a Figma account.