Every Figma File has a unique link or URL. The link will always be the same, even if you change your Link Sharing settings or move the File. It's not possible to assign or create a new URL for a File.
Use this File link to access your file, or share it with collaborators. You can control over what level of access they have via the Link Sharing settings.
Want to prevent Viewers from copying, sharing, or exporting your File? Turn off Allow viewers to copy, share, and export from this file. This setting is only available to Student, Professional, and Organization Teams. To make a File private, you will need to remove any collaborators added via Link Sharing.
Link Sharing Settings
There are two components to Link Sharing, you can adjust these settings for each File.
Link Sharing Discovery defines how people can find your Files. Choose from:
- Anyone with the link
- Anyone at <Organization> with the link
- Anyone at <Organization>
- Only people invited to the File
Link Sharing Permissions setting determines what permissions they have. Choose from:
- Can view (Viewer)
- Can edit (Editor)
- Can view prototypes only (only for Teams on Professional or Organization plans)
Tip! In an Organization, we set your default Link Sharing settings to Anyone at Organization and Can View.
Update Link Sharing
Adjust the Link Sharing settings via the File Sharing modal.
- Click the Share button in the File to open the Sharing modal.
- Define how people can find and access your Files.
- Define what level of access those collaborators will have.
- Click the Edit icon to Allow Viewers to copy, share, and export from this file.
Share the link
Copy and share the File URL from the File Sharing modal. Or, if you’re using Figma in the browser, copy the link from the browser address bar.
In the Sharing modal, you have a few options:
- Click Copy Link to copy the URL to your clipboard.
- Click Get embed code to view the embed code. This will open a dialog with the embed code included. Click the Copy button to add the code to your clipboard.
- Check the box if you want to Link to selected Frame.
Tip! You can also duplicate a File by adding/duplicate to the end of the File URL. This will only work with the original File URL.
If you have layers selected, you will need to remove the node string from the URL first:
?node-id=21%3A. Collaborators will still be able to view the original File via the URL.
Note: We will add anyone who views a File via Link Sharing as a collaborator. You can view their name and access level in the File Sharing Modal. We don't track File viewers without Figma accounts.