Before you Start
Who can use this feature
Fill modes are available on Any plan
Users with Edit access can adjust the Fill mode of an image
Fill modes define how Figma will apply a Fill to an object.
A fill mode will take into account the dimensions of the image and the object you're adding it to, and display the image accordingly.
To crop an image you will need to set the image's fill mode to Crop.
Update the fill mode
Select the layer you'd like to adjust.
In the Fill section of the Properties Panel, click on the Image thumbnail to open the Fill menu.
- Click on the Fill mode drop down in the top-left corner and select Crop:
- Figma will add 8 blue handles around the image. You can then choose how much of the image you want to display:
- Click and drag the blue handles in any direction to define
- Click and drag the image itself to reposition
- The parts of the image you don't want to be visible will be less opaque:
- Click anywhere on the canvas to apply the crop. Or, click the X in the Fill menu.